A WOMAN has claimed she was left with third degree chemical burns after a visit to a hairdresser went wrong.
Morgan Reynolds visited the salon in Florida, USA in 2014 to get her hair died platinum blonde but left with injuries to her scalp.
She said the stylist ignored her complaints about the bleach irritating her scalp and was told she might be having an allergic reaction.
Reynolds went to the hospital after her hair appointment where doctors told her she had suffered burns third-degree chemical burns.
Her hair started falling out and pieces of scalp began to shed two weeks following the procedure, which cost £130.
She was left with thousands of dollars in medical bills having undergone multiple surgeries to correct the damage.
She told 6 News: “For about the next 10 months, I was left with about 5 inches of my scalp exposed.”
The salon wasn’t legally liable for the injuries and didn’t have the kind of insurance to pay out meaning Morgan was left to cover the costs.
She said: “I had no idea that I could walk into a salon and walk out permanently disfigured.”
Samantha Schulze, the owner of the Honeycomb Hair and Make-up Studio, said: “Morgan Reynolds came into the salon on October 29, 2014, for highlights and colour.
“While Morgan Reynolds was in the chair, she kept asking the stylist to keep the peroxide and bleach agent (highlights) on her hair for longer than the product allows.”
“Of course, the stylist would not do it… Please understand I do not take it lightly that a client of my salon complains of being burnt by a treatment, but I truly believe that Morgan Reynolds’ scalp was burnt by something she got into after she left my salon.”
She also claimed Morgan posted a smiling photo of herself on social media following her appointment, reported WFTV.