CILLA Black was a star of stage and screen and now her story is being told in a brand new theatrical production.
Cilla the Musical celebrates the life of the much-loved singer and TV presenter and stars Kara Lily Hayworth in the title role.
Who was Cilla Black?
Cilla Black was a popular English TV presenter and actress who celebrated over 50 years in showbiz.
She is most known for hosting Blind Date and Surprise Surprise.
The much-loved host passed away at her holiday home in Spain in 2015 at the age of 72, with her sons confirming she had died from a stroke after a fall.
She married her husband Bobby Willis in 1969 and the couple had three sons together and a daughter who tragically only lived for a few hours.
When did Cilla Black host Blind Date?
Cilla, who was born Priscilla Maria Veronica White, hosted the popular show in the 1980s and 1990s and it quickly became a Saturday night favourite.
The show involved a contestant asking questions to three hidden members of the opposite sex.
They would then pick one of the three to take on a date thanks to their personality.
Cilla quit in 2003 after ratings of the show, which ran for 373 episodes, fell to less than 3 million viewers.
When is the Cilla the Musical tour?
Cilla the Musical will be touring across the UK from September – December 2017.
Here’s where the tour will be visiting…
- Liverpool Empire Theatre – Sept 7-16
- Edinburgh Playhouse – Sept 19-23
- Milton Keynes Theatre – Sept 26-30
- Mayflower Southampton – Oct 3-7
- New Alexandra Theatre Birmingham – Oct 10-14
- Blackpool Opera House – Oct 17-21
- Cardiff New Theatre – Oct 31-Nov 4
- New Wimbledon Theatre – Nov 7-11
- Stoke Regent Theatre – Nov 14-18
- Manchester Palace Theatre – Nov 21-25
- Bradford Alhambra Theatre – Nov 28-Dec 2
- Orchard Theatre, Dartford – Jan 16-20
- Grand Opera House, York – Jan 23-27
- Kings Theatre, Glasgow – Jan 30-Feb 3
- Bord Gais Theatre, Dublin – Feb 6-10
- New Theatre, Oxford – Feb 13-17
- Derngate, Northampton – Feb 20-24
- Theatre Royal, Newcastle – Feb 27-Mar 3
- Story House, Chester – Mar 5-10
- Hippodrome, Bristol – Mar 13-17
- New Victoria Theatre, Woking – Mar 20-24
- Theatre Royal, Nottingham – Apr 2-8
- Waterside Theatre, Aylesbury – Apr 9-14
What’s Cilla the Musical about?
Cilla the Musical tracks the rise of one of Britain’s best-loved entertainers, Cilla Black.
The story is based on a critically acclaimed hit ITV television series by BAFTA Award winner, Jeff Pope.
It begins with a young John Lennon introducing Pricilla White to music mogul Brian Epstein – which changes her life forever.
As the tale of the teenage girl from Liverpool progresses, Cilla soon becomes a No.1 recording artist, TV presenter and national treasure.
What songs are on the soundtrack for Cilla the Musical?
The musical score of the new musical has been made to reflect the swinging 60s.
Songs include Cilla’s greatest hits, including Anyone Who Had a Heart, Alfie and Something Tells Me.
These tunes will be joined with more famous tracks from the era, including Twist and Shout by the Beatles and California Dreamin by The Mamas and The Papas.
all about cilla
not a lorra lorra love
Blind Date lovers REUNITED on rowdy Tube journey after 25 years rule out second romance
LORRA LORRA LUCK
Blind Date contestants reunited 25 years after they were paired up on the show… in chance meeting on the Tube
THERE’LL BE A LORRA LORRA LAUGHS
Blind Date is back on our screens TONIGHT, with Paul O’Grady at the helm of the reboot
lorra, lorra lesbians
Blind Date to feature first lesbian round to tie in with Saturday’s London Pride celebrations