MARK HUGHES’ Stoke welcome Southampton as they look to get their season back on track.
After a superb start on home soil where they beat Arsenal, the Potters have failed to win since and have lost the last three games in all competitions.
They sit 16th in the Premier League table on just five points, three behind Saints who are 11th.
Mauricio Pellegrino’s side have got off to a similarly topsy-turvy start and have struggled to score, with three of their four goals coming in a single game against West Ham.
What time is kick-off?
THE game will be held at the bet365 Stadium on Saturday September 30.
Things gets underway at the traditional 3pm.
Which channel can I watch it on?
THIS game isn’t being shown live on TV in the UK.
Instead stay with us here on SunSport and follow our LIVE blog, whilst highlights will be on Match of the Day at 10.30pm on BBC ONE.
What is the team news?
RYAN SHAWCROSS looks unlikely to recover in time from a back injury and Stoke could be without their skipper for a fourth straight game.
New arrival Kevin Wimmer has a thigh problem whilst Julien Ngoy is also a doubt.
For Saints, defender Mark Targett has an ankle injury but is the only squad player unavailable to Pellegrino.
- Stoke City have only won three of their last 15 home matches against Southampton in all competitions (D5 L7).
- Saints failed to score against Stoke in the Premier League last season, despite having 10 shots on target against them over the two games. Only one team had more shots on target without scoring against an opponent last season (Hull against Sunderland – 13).
- 10 of Southampton’s 11 Premier League goals against Stoke have been scored in the first half – and none have come later than the 57th minute. All seven goals by Southampton scored at the bet365 Stadium have been scored in the first half.
- Southampton have failed to score in 10 of their last 14 Premier League matches and have scored just eight goals from 180 shots in these games (4.4%).
- Southampton are on a four-game unbeaten away run in the Premier League (W2 D2 L0) – their longest run on the road since November 2015 (six games).
- Stoke have lost nine of their last 16 Premier League games, three times as many games as they have won in this period (W3 D4 L9).
- Southampton have kept a clean sheet in their opening two league games away from home in 2017-18. They’ve never kept clean sheets in their opening three away games of any of their previous 90 seasons in the Football League.
- 35.3% of Stoke City’s passes have ended in the final third of the pitch this season in the Premier League; a higher proportion that any other side.
- Manolo Gabbiadini scored four goals in his first three Premier League appearances, averaging a goal every 62 minutes & converting 25% of shots. In his 14 Premier League appearances since then, he’s scored just once from 21 shots (4.8%) and averaged a goal every 790 minutes.
- Since Mark Hughes took charge of Stoke at the start of the 2013/14 season, no Premier League side has lost more home games by 4+ goals than the Potters (3, level with Swansea and West Ham), with Stoke losing 4-0 to Chelsea at the bet365 Stadium last time out.