SEX And the City star Kristin Davis has spoken out about her disappointment at the cancellation of a third movie instalment.
The 52-year-old star, who played Charlotte York-Goldenblatt on the fan favourite show, has revealed that while she was “lucky” to have participated in the franchise, she is “deeply frustrated” that the film will now never come to be.
Taking to Instagram on Friday, the actress wrote: “I love to look back at the pics from our LONG history of Sex and the City.
“I am incredibly lucky to have gotten to play Charlotte through all of her ups and downs ( epitomized in one of my favorite episodes here).
“It is true that we are not going to be able to make a 3rd film.
“I wish that we could have made the final chapter, on our own terms, to complete the stories of our characters.
“It is deeply frustrating not to be able to share that chapter (beautifully written by MPK) with all of you.
“So we will just have our memories, but please know that all of the love and support for us through the years is felt by us and we are so grateful for all of you! SATC forever in our hearts.”
Meanwhile, in the wake of the revelation that the third movie is no more, Kim Cattrall has spoken out to defend herself over allegations that she was behind the cancellation.
The actress – who played Samantha Jones in six seasons and two films of the HBO drama – had been blamed for allegedly calling a halt to production just days before the movie was due to shoot.
Breaking her silence on the reports, she said: “Woke up to a s***storm. The only ‘DEMAND’ I ever made was that I didn’t want to do a 3rd film… and that was back in 2016.”
Leading lady Sarah Jessica Parker confirmed that the characters would never return on screen on Thursday while at the New York City Ballet Gala.
When asked by Extra what lay in store for her character Carrie Bradshaw and her gal pals, Sarah said: “It’s over. We’re not doing it.”
Revealing that a script had even been written for the next film, Sarah added: “I’m disappointed. We had this beautiful, funny, heartbreaking, joyful, very relatable script and story.”
She added that she was aware for the demand from die-hard fans to see Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda to return.
According to the Daily Mail, Kim caused production to come to a screeching halt.
She reportedly demanded Warner Bros, who make Sex and the City, produce a series of other movies in exchange for her taking part, and they refused.
A source told the paper that Kim is the “only reason” the new instalment isn’t going ahead, and scathed: “This franchise made her and let’s be frank, it’s all she is really known for.
“Cast and crew don’t just show up to make a movie, they have to rearrange their lives.
“People turned down other jobs, were in the process of relocating to New York but she kept stalling and was always unavailable when answers from her were needed.”
Got a story? email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us direct on 0207 782 4220
We pay for videos too Click here to upload yours.
MORE ON FILM
Ewan McGregor and Robert Carlyle lead stars at glamorous T2 Trainspotting premiere
CRUISE’S CROWN CUTIE?
Tom Cruise puckers up with The Crown star Vanessa Kirby while filming Mission Impossible 6 amid rumours they’re dating
When was the It 2017 movie remake released and what is the age rating of the new movie?
X-rated first look
Alicia Vikander in steamy scenes for new movie Tulip Fever amid reports trailer is too raunchy for TV