The new Battlegrounds patch was released today as part of a new attempt by Bluehole Inc. to resolve bugs introduced in the most recent update.
This would have been PUBG Xbox One update 9, which was launched earlier in the month.
Official patch notes for the latest PUBG build have been released by the support team, removing at least one new glitch.
Following the release of PUBG update 9, fans reported that they were able to revive people, without needing to stay for the whole process.
This has now been fixed, although it took a lot longer than a lot of PUBG players thought it would.
As mentioned by Bluehole Inc. in the official patch notes, a lot of the new bug fixes have been put together from recent fan feedback.
“We are releasing this hotfix patch today to resolve bugs introduced in the most recent update,” a support message explains.
“Thanks to all of the community for the feedback and continued support of PUBG on Xbox One.”
Bluehole Inc. have confirmed that this latest update is all about removing lingering issues from past builds, so fans shouldn’t expect any new features popping up.
PUBG PATCH NOTES:
- Fixed issue where player revival would continue despite interruption
- Fixed repeating sounds from footsteps or when reloading Kar98k, Revolver, or Shotgun
- Fixed issue where (B) and (Y) buttons remained active in gameplay while in the map view
- Fixed issue where the parachute cable would not disappear following a landing in water
- Fixed issue where the player could not cut the parachute cable when becoming stuck during landing
- Pressing the (B) button while in the Settings menu will cause the player to exit the plane
While Fortnite goes from strength-to-strength, PUBG developers Bluehole Inc. have announced new plans on both the Xbox One and PC.
The next few months of development on console will include improvements to optimisations, new content additions, as well as refinements to the overall console experience.
This is part of the official Spring Xbox PUBG Roadmap, which will see the development team transition to a longer 2-3 week cycle in-between patches.
One of the big announcements for fans on consoles is that the new Miramar map is scheduled for release in early Spring.
This will be launching with an array of new updates, which are set to improve the game’s overall performance.
Bluehole Inc also want to release a version of test servers to the Xbox One, something that will no doubt please fans.
No official release date has been give for these changes, only that they will be arriving sometime in Spring.