More than 40 kids drink DRAIN CLEANER mixed with water after dental surgery makes horrifying blunder

15

HEALTH chiefs are trying to contact the parents of 43 children who were treated at a dentist where water was mixed with drain cleaner.

The incident took place in Ireland on Wednesday at the Health Service Executive facility in Ennis, County Clare.

 Authorities are trying to contact the parents of 43 children who were treated at a dentist in Ireland

Google Maps
Authorities are trying to contact the parents of 43 children who were treated at a dentist in Ireland

The mistake was discovered the next day and authorities have now shut down the facility until next week.

Authorities said they believe the cleaning product was mixed with the water used for treatment instead of an approved dental product.

Bernard Gloster, from the HSE, said: “This is so regrettable and unfortunate.

“I want to apologise for any concern or upset caused to the children and their families.

 The children were treated at a clinic in Ennis where drain cleaner was mixed with water

Getty – Contributor
The children were treated at a clinic in Ennis where drain cleaner was mixed with water

“We are taking all of the necessary steps to ensure they are supported and have adequate information. We will be conducting a full review to establish all of the facts.

“I am grateful to all of our management staff and clinicians who worked very hard late into last night to respond to this incident.”

A HSE spokesman said: “HSE Mid West Community Healthcare is currently in contact with the parents of up to 43 children to establish if they were affected by an apparent problem at the HSE Dental Clinic in Bindon St Ennis Co. Clare.

“The incident is believed to have occurred on Wednesday and continued until it was detected on Thursday.

 The Health Service Executive said an approved dental cleaning product should have been used

Getty – Contributor
The Health Service Executive said an approved dental cleaning product should have been used

“Early indications, yet to be confirmed, suggest that a drain cleaning product got mixed with the water used during treatment when normally the water would be mixed with an approved dental product.”

The clinic is based on Blindon Street in Ennis and operated five of its six surgeries on Wednesday when the mistake was made.

MOST READ IN NEWS

ULTIMATE REVENGE

Groom plays video of love rat bride ‘cheating’ on him to wedding guests

JUAN WIN

EuroMillions £169m jackpot won in Spain — as four UK players win £900,571

PAEDO MISS

Teacher praised online for ‘insanely perky boobs’ jailed for bedding pupil, 15

tired and emulsional

Wayne Rooney paints park benches on his drink drive community service

UTTER HEARTBREAK

Teacher, 29, dies from bowel cancer just three days after her wedding

CELL HELL

Brit faces three years in Dubai jail for accidentally BUMPING INTO a man in a bar

FEELING LUCKY?

Winning EuroMillions numbers for Friday October 6 2017 £169million jackpot


We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


SHARE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here