Little girl, 4, poisoned after falling into Kettering town centre fountain contaminated with human POO

6

A LITTLE girl was poisoned after she fell into a town centre’s fountain which was contaminated with human poo.

The four-year-old’s mum, Kimmi Foster, said her daughter developed a “40 degree temperature” after the incident in Kettering’s Market Place in Northants.

 Mum Kimmi Foster has revealed how her little girl was poisoned after she fell into a water fountain

Mum Kimmi Foster has revealed how her little girl was poisoned after she fell into a water fountain

The young girl was frolicking in the water feature on August 4, because the temperature was warm.

Kids reportedly take to the fountains during the summer months.

Ms Foster said the four-year-old was fine, until she developed fever-like symptoms 48 hours later.

“She was ill for about a week and I put it on Facebook that she was poorly,” Kimmi said.

“My friends who were there said their kids were poorly as well and they knew of others.”

Experts have only just confirmed the water was contaminated with faeces.

 Kettering's Market Place fountains are usually packed full of youngsters during summer months

Kettering’s Market Place fountains are usually packed full of youngsters during summer months

Tests found there to be 48 cfu (colony forming units) of enterococci per 100ml – leaving the water ‘not fit for purpose’.

A spokesman for Pathology Management Services, which carried out the tests, said “The interim report was issued to highlight that there is a potential problem with this outlet.

A council spokesman said the features are regularly cleaned and the systems are flushed “twice a month”.

 Kettering council said the systems were back-washed daily during the summertime

Google Streetview
Kettering council said the systems were back-washed daily during the summertime

But urging parents to make sure their children do not drink the water, the spokesman added: “The fountains in Kettering’s Market Place are provided as a water feature and children play in them during the Kettering by the Sea event.

“By the very nature of the installation, this water is not, and cannot be expected to be, drinking water or to a drinking water standard.

“During the Kettering by the Sea event we are aware that there is an increased risk of contamination so back-washing is carried out daily.”

MOST READ NEWS

MAC ATTACK

Disabled woman branded ‘fat slag’ after spending 15 mins in McDonald’s loo

FIEND FATHER

Dad battered his daughter, 17, after finding her having sex with boyfriend

SUN, SEX AND JAIL

Magaluf arrests DOUBLE this year amid crackdown on Brits’ drunken antics

BALI BRACED

Panic on Bali holiday island as 122,000 flee volcano at brink of eruption

HOME OF THE HEF

Inside Hugh Hefner’s notorious Playboy mansion which ‘became stale and old’

CONMAN TRAGEDY

Conman killed himself years on from Rogue Traders and Watchdog exposé

HOLIDAY ATTACK

Brit, 42, arrested in Ibiza accused of trying to drown his partner in bath

IT’S A NO FROM EU

EU chiefs say we can’t start post-Brexit trade talks for MONTHS

‘I WAS EXPERIMENTING’

Hugh Hefner admitted sex with MEN as he ‘tested sex boundaries’

DAY TO REFLECT

Yom Kippur takes place this Friday – get the lowdown on the Jewish tradition

HIT FOR SIX

Ben Stokes brawl sparked as he ‘intervened to help gay guys abused by yobs’

MILE END MURDER

Man, 23, admits stabbing 20-year-old ex 25 times in frenzied attack


We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.uk or call 0207 782 4368 . We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours.


SHARE

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here