KIM Cattrall takes a swipe at her Sex and the City co-star Sarah Jessica Parker for making her look like a “demanding diva” in a new interview.
The actress recently had to slam claims she pulled out of filming a third in the movie franchise after SJP made a comment about her decision in an new chat.
And during a sit down chat with Piers Morgan for his ITV show Life Stories, Kim was heard opening up about the drama.
An audience member told DailyMail.com that the actress firmly denied shutting down profile because of her “over-the-top demands”.
The star reportedly said: “And now, now at this very moment it’s quite extraordinary to get any kind of negative press about something that I’ve been saying for almost a year of “no” that I’m demanding or a diva.
“And this is really where I take to task the people from “Sex And The City” and specifically Sarah Jessica Parker in that I think she could have been nicer. ‘I really think she could have been nicer.”
Later in the chat, the star reportedly told Piers she did not know why SJP had an issue with her as she maintained she had never signed on to do a third film.
Days earlier, Kim slammed claims she pulled out of filming of Sex and the City 3 and insisted she told producers she didn’t want to do the film a year ago.
The actress – who played Samantha Jones in six seasons and two films of the HBO drama – had been blamed for allegedly calling a halt to production just days before the movie was due to shoot.
Breaking her silence on the reports, she said: “Woke up to a s***storm. The only ‘DEMAND’ I ever made was that I didn’t want to do a 3rd film… and that was back in 2016.”
It comes just hours after her one-time co-star Sarah Jessica Parker confirmed that the characters would never return on screen.
The 52-year-old leading lady made the confession on the red carpet of the New York City Ballet Gala on Thursday night alongside her husband Matthew Broderick.
When asked by Extra what lay in store for her character Carrie Bradshaw and her gal pals, Sarah said: “It’s over. We’re not doing it.”
Revealing that a script had even been written for the next film, Sarah added: “I’m disappointed. We had this beautiful, funny, heartbreaking, joyful, very relatable script and story.”
She added that she was aware for the demand from die-hard fans to see Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda to return.
But Daily Mail had reported Kim caused production to come to a screeching halt.
She reportedly demanded Warner Bros, who make Sex and the City, produce a series of other movies in exchange for her taking part, and they refused.
It comes after Sarah and her two other co-stars, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, had apparently all signed up for the same upfront fee in order to have one more outing as the loveable and lustful Manhattan socialites.
A source told the paper that Kim is the “only reason” the new instalment isn’t going ahead, and scathed: “This franchise made her and let’s be frank, it’s all she is really known for.
“Cast and crew don’t just show up to make a movie, they have to rearrange their lives.
“People turned down other jobs, were in the process of relocating to New York but she kept stalling and was always unavailable when answers from her were needed.”
Got a firstname.lastname@example.org call us direct on 02077824220.
We pay for videos too. Clickhereto upload yours.