Kevin Smith, the star of Silent Bob, announced on Twitter that he was discharged from hospital and back at home following the huge health scare.
The Clerks filmmaker told his 3.3 million followers that he was “feeling good” and thanked his fans for their support.
He said: “Home again, home again, jiggety-jig! Home is where the heart is and the heart is feeling good!
“It’s actually getting more blood flow and oxygen than it has in a long time. So I am ALERT, to say the least!
“I just wanted to thank you all for the kind words you took the time to write to me about what my work has meant to you. In the last two days, I’ve read some breathtaking sentiments that have profoundly touched me.
“It honestly means the world under normal circumstances, but after Sunday night? Everything means so much more, obviously. Seriously – THANK you.”
Last week Kevin, 47, was rushed to hospital and almost died due to a blockage in his artery.
At the time, the comic book writer revealed what had happened online with a selfie taken from his hospital bed.
Staring at the camera with a shocked expression, Kevin was seen covered in tubes and in a gown.
Alongside the picture, he wrote: “After the first show this evening, I had a massive heart attack.
“The doctor who saved my life told me I had 100 per cent blockage of my LAD artery (aka ‘the Widow-Maker’)
“If I hadn’t cancelled show to go to the hospital, I would’ve died tonight. But for now, I’m still above ground!”
Many rushed to reply with Jurassic Park star Chris Pratt sending him a concerned message online.
The film star, 38, stated: “Kevin we don’t know each other too good but I have loved you since Clerks.
“I’m praying my a** off for you cause I believe in the healing power of prayer. Can you please pray with me people!?”
Writer Sean Francis said: “I keep reading this in shock. Damn. It’s an understatement to say, but myself and so many others are glad you cancelled and are recovering. Sending love to you and yours.”