FIFA 18 – Patch 1.09 launches on PS4 and Xbox One today, here’s what the update brings
FIFA 18 players can download a new patch for PS4 and Xbox One, with EA Sports releasing patch 1.09 for consoles today.
The FIFA 18 patch launched last week on PCs but has today arrived on Sony and Microsoft’s machines.
The FIFA 18 update fixes a number of bugs, brings with it a new Accessibility Settings screen and updates 2D portraits for almost 100 players.
Announcing the release of the FIFA 18 update, the EA Sports Twitter account posted: “The latest FIFA 18 Title Update is live on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Reminder that this update went live on PC last week”.
Everything included in the FIFA 18 title update was revealed in patch notes outlined in a post on the EA Sports forums.
Below you can also find everything that the FIFA 18 update brings.
The news comes as FIFA 18 fans are currently waiting for the next ratings refresh.
Last Friday EA Sports revealed the Premier League Winter Upgrades, followed by Italy’s top flight on Sunday.
The next major European leagues to get a ratings refresh on FIFA 18 will be Ligue 1, La Liga and the German Bundesliga.
Ligue 1 is first up, with the new ratings set to be revealed today.
FIFA 18 TITLE UPDATE 7 – 1.09 PATCH NOTES
Made the following changes to settings:
• The addition of an Accessibility Settings screen.
• This is available in the Main Menu on the Customize tab by selecting the Settings tile.
• This adds the following new settings:
• The ability for players to remove the need to use the right stick within the game menus, allowing for navigation with the left stick only when using a controller.
• The ability for players to remove the need to use the left and right trigger / left and right bumper buttons within the game menus, allowing for players to scroll up to the top of the menu and cycle through them with the left stick when using a controller.
• This change will impact the Game Settings and Controller Settings screens only.
• The ability to add an on-screen, and clickable, ESC button during gameplay to allow for opening the Pause Menu using the mouse only (PC Only).
• The ability to increase the size of the clickable buttons within the game menus when using a mouse (PC Only).
Addressed the following issues in all screens:
• Pressing the D-pad, when using a controller, would occasionally not register.
Made the following changes in FIFA Ultimate team:
• In FUT Champions Weekend League, on the Match Preview screen, you will no longer see the status of your opponent update between “Making Changes” and “Ready”, it will always display as “Making Changes”.
• There is a known issue with this change that sometimes results in the status for your opponent showing as blank, it will be addressed in a future update.
• Selecting the difficulty of a match in FUT Squad Battles will no longer cause the player’s default match difficulty setting outside of FUT Squad Battles to be changed.
• In the preview panel for a FUT Champions Channel replay, the match records displayed for the participating players will now reflect their record when that match took place instead of their current record.
Addressed the following issues in FIFA Ultimate team:
• German and Polish text overlapping the button icons on the controls panel in FUT Champions Channel.
• Player Contracts and Manager Contracts were incorrectly capitalized in the search filter options of the FUT Transfer Market.
Made the following changes in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
• Updates to the 2D portraits for 970 players.
• Added 2d portraits for 342 players that previously had a silhouette.
Addressed the following issues in Audio / Visual / Presentation:
• Post goal commentary saying that a defender deflected the ball on goal, when it was actually the keeper that touched the ball before it went into the net, when using Arabic, German, Dutch, Spanish, French, Italian, Mexican Spanish, Polish, Russian or Japanese commentary.